We believe that the legal profession must contribute to the overall economic and social well-being of society. We facilitate transactions and help businesses with positive impact on the local environment.
We are proud to share that in 2019 our firm marked its 7th anniversary with further achievements in that strategic direction:
- We advised one of the largest international airport operators on its bid for the Sofia Airport concession. The concession of the Sofia Airport is among the largest projects in Bulgaria for the last 30 years with crucial importance for the future development of the economic and transport ties of the capital city.
- We assisted one of the leading international technology festivals in Europe on its further growth and relocation to a new host city. The process involved negotiations with top ranking city, local and central government representatives and authorities of five candidate cities across Europe. The estimated overall financial impact of the festival for the host city is over EUR 60 million per annual edition and growing year-to-year.
- We acted on a complex series of inter-related deals between the shareholders of a national distributor of automobile spare parts and a major multinational conglomerate based in the US that pave the way for the creation of a Bulgarian market leader.
- We assisted a major CEE full-service international developer, specialized in delivering and management of high-tech personalized business parks, on its establishment in Bulgaria, including on corporate reorganizations, establishment of local entities and related corporate law services.
Our firm continued to act alongside global and international law firms as a reliable referral partner in Bulgaria.
Building long-term relationships based on mutual trust and respect is another cornerstone of our work. In 2019 we continued serving our long-standing clients on various matters, including:
- Continued our pro bono work for the national representative organization of diabetes patients in Bulgaria.
- Advised one of the largest Bulgarian IT outsourcing service providers on the conclusion of two long-term multimillion master service agreements with key overseas customers.
- Assisted a major CEE heavy and commercial vehicles distributor on the re-organization of its selective distribution network, internal group re-organization and related antitrust and merger control aspects in Bulgaria.
- Successfully finalized a long process of corporate re-organization of a foreign owned Bulgarian limited liability company, including a disincentivized shareholder dismissal and related administrative proceedings and court appeals.
We wanted to share some of our work highlights in the past year 2019 and thus to thank deeply to all our clients, partners and lawyers for their trust and commitment. Here it is to us all for an even more successful Year 2020!